Friday, 12 September 2014

My Co-op Experience at BMO Nesbitt Burns

I did my co-op at BMO Nesbitt Burns as a Business Development Associate. A lot of what I had to do was related to calling potential clients to offer them wealth management solutions tailored for each individual person.

The importance of a job like this was that it drastically improved my phone communication skills, which is a skill that some of us are neglecting due to the increasing prevalence of online communication methods. As well, I learned that I had tailor my approach to each potential customer. My job was not as simple as just calling people -- I was trying to reach out to them to begin the establishment of a relationship that could last for years or even decades.

To that end, I learned how to manage relationships by being respectful, courteous and sincere in all my communications.

No comments:

Post a Comment